Chaff Cutting Shed, 1881, Salisbury Street
Built by John McCrossin, the shed harnessed power from the Mill's
steam engine. Uralla Historical Society completed this restoration
in 2004. The project was a winner at the prestigious Energy
Australia/National Trust Heritage Awards in Sydney in 2005. Now part
of the museum complex, entry is via McCrossin's Mill.
Stables/Store, c.1878, Salisbury Street
Constructed of local Uralla red brick and lime
mortar. The ends of the loft's huge adzed floor joists are
protruding through the brickwork where the front awning once stood
on the western wall. Owned and restored by Uralla Historical
Society, this building won the 1998 New England Heritage And Urban
Design Awards "Restoration" section, and als the "Interior Fitout"
section. Wander nto the courtyard garden, called Felicity Forrest"
after the donor of the birch rees, but don't nick all the