|52 ~ The Royal
Hotel, 1909, Bridge Street
present building occupies the site of Jimmy Tanco's Chinese fruit
shop and Carrolis Court House Hotel c. 1864. In 1891, the name was
changed to "The Royal Hotel." This old structure was demolished in
1909 and the present building erected. Now a private residence.
|53. 110 Bridge
Built by Mr Scanlon for
Joseph Haines who was initially John and Helen McCrossin's store
manager (1864-1880) and from 1881 manager of McCrossin's Mill. The
site was chosen so that Haines could sit on the northern verandah to
keep an eye on the Mill after business hours! .. .or so the story
goes. It is more probable that the house was set well back to avoid
the noise from the Court House Hotel. Brian Christies meticulous
restoration works and clever additions were completed in 2002.
Featuring superb cedar joinery, this is undoubtedly Uralla's finest