Built in 1874
for John McCrossin and purchase in 1878 by the Bank of New South
Wales for a banking office and managers residence. Originally it had
a shingled roof and cast iron verandah posts and decorative cast
iron panels. The large banking chamber was added in 1912.
54 ~ W. Curtis
Building, 1904, Bridge Street
building occupies the site of the first general store in Uralla,
John McCrossin's Post Office Store, which opened on January 15th,
1859. When the building was reconstructed in 1904, the builder
incorporated "W. Curtis Arcade Est. 1893" in the facade because
Curtis had already established a specialist menswear shop elsewhere
in the town in 1893. Note the delicate leadlights above the shop
windows, and especially the magnificent arched leadlight window,
visible only from the outside, in the back wall.