|56. Shop, c.
1860, Bridge Street
Once occupied by
such businesses as "W. Stoker... Tinsmith and Galvanised Iron
Worker" and "W. Low... Jeweller and Watchmaker," the original
building was extended to front the footpath in 1906, with an awning
supported by cast-iron posts and decorative frieze. The unusual
brick coursing may be seen from the covered breezeway on the
southern side. In this exposed wall several door and window spaces
have been bricked up. A portion of the sign "Hairdresser" is still
visible. Replica posts and the decorative frieze of cast aluminium
were installed by Neville Moore in 2000.
|37 ~"Gunyah", 1905, Hill
Built for Mrs Christine
McCrossin and for many years the home of "Barnes" Vincent, editor of
"The Uralla Times" newspaper, (Est. 1876).