50 ~ St. John's Church of England, 1886-8, Park Street

The design for this building was suggested by Bishop Turner of Armidale, the architect being Blacket Bros, of Sydney, and the builders Messrs. Seabrook and Brown of Armidale. The bricks were made at Palmers brickyard in Armidale. The gables are full Gothic pitch, and the roof was originally covered with best Bangor slates. The entrance porch shelters two Gothic doors bolted diagonally and hung on ornate hinges.