Designed by Hugh J. Scott, Architect, for James Ryan, Esq., of late
Victorian style, with impressive facade and decorative iron posts,
lace, brackets and frieze. Renamed; "The Thunderbolt Inn," in 1970,
the centenary of the bushranger s death. Now "The Bottom Pub".
40. "The Great Northern
Hotel", c. 1881, Bridge Street
A second storey was added in 1904 and the name changed to
the "Commercial Hotel." It is built of Uralla brick, with quoins of
Uralla granite, and decorative cast iron posts and lace. Now
"The Top Pub."